Tuesday, December 20, 2016

My Awful Experience with 11Street MY

This is a rant post.

Remember the Handbag Raincoat that I blogged about early of the month? Hhhmmpphh...

After paying for it (and even blogging about it!), I eagerly awaited the arrival of my new 'toy'. Several days after the order, I received a call. I remember it just like it was yesterday. It was around Maghrib and I was in Pangkor with my in laws. I picked up the call and the lady on the other side introduced herself as from 11Street.my and then... her next sentence was a proposition for me to cancel my order. As she stumbled ahead, explaining how to do so,"Click on dashboard, click on bla bla, click on this and that...", I abruptly cut her off. "Why should I cancel my order?", I asked. She sounded very inexperienced, as she began to explain that the item was out of stock and she didn't know when it would be restocked.

I told her that I would be happy to wait for the restock, upon which she stammered that she would check how long it would take to be restocked.

As I ended the conversation, I wondered how many more items within the 11Street domain were out of stock unnoticed?

Fast forward to today, it suddenly occurred to me that 20 days had passed since I placed my order. I checked my order status online and it said "Processing for Delivery". Still unconvinced, I decided to call 11Street MY to check on my purchase. The first time I called, my call was abruptly cut off (that was frustrating!) but things turned up for me in the next call. I was handled by a very polite, apologetic and experienced call analyst. I explained to her my predicament while she looked back on my records. Well guess what? There was no log of them calling me to explain that the item was out of stock! She also clarified that she found no email trails between them and the seller saying that it was out of stock either. However, since the product was from New York, the seller claimed that it would take 20 working days to ship, so she told me that she would email the seller again to check on the delivery status; and she sounded very confident that I would get my order before Christmas. She even offered to email me once she hears from the seller. I ended the call, saying that I was looking forward to her email.

Oh I did get an email, alright! Three hours after that, I received an email, titled "[11street] Your order cancellation is complete, and payment has been refunded."

What the heck??? First you forget to check on the restock period, next you forgot entirely that you called me, then you promised that you would email me with the status of the order, but then you decided that it was easier to cancel and refund instead of giving me at least a courtesy call? What manners!

Best part of it all? "Reason of Cancellation: Item Out of Stock (Applicable to All Options) / sold out we noticed"

Yeah right you noticed! *sarcasm*



Sorry 11Street MY. You just lost a customer here.

Rant over, thanks for reading! (And I guess it's back to plastic bags for my handbags!)

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for such an honest review and experience, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I got an unpleasant experience shopping from them too. It took complaining loudly at twitter before my complaint got treated seriously. Though unlike you I did get my stuff later on. I am sticking to Lazada aje lah pasnih.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, what happened to your item? Yes betul, I've bought a few times from Lazada. Never had a problem too.

      Delete
  3. Erk. I just silently wrote about them (not my buying experience), just how expensive their seller/vendor price the item! But thanks for the heads up, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://www.shopbop.com/mini-city-slicker-handbag-raincoat/vp/v=1/1524492846.htm?folderID=2534374302024667&fm=other-shopbysize-viewall&os=false&colorId=33466

    can try this?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for leaving a comment. ;) All comments are moderated. Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...